Formulating skincare with ingredients that come from food isn’t a particularly novel concept. For years, food-derived ingredients have been in heavy market rotation. For one, there is pigment-busting Vitamin C from oranges and other citrus fruits. Another popular choice is extracts from green tea leaves, which have a reputation for soothing, healing, and calming breakouts. Ingredients like honey and propolis are also recognized worldwide for their moisturizing benefits.
However, there is one fruit that we derive skincare from but don’t talk about quite as much as the rest: grapes.
Several skin care products make use of the natural properties of grapes. In particular, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Cell Extract is used to make potent, skin-loving creams from grapes.
Grape Culture in History
Grape culture, otherwise known as viticulture, dates back to as early as 6500 BC. Across the centuries, viticulture spread across the world, until King Hammurabi of Babylon laid down rules for trading wine in 1700 BC.
The Hittites, who were from modern-day Turkey, are recognized for spreading grape-growing culture to the west. As grape culture began to pick up steam, it was picked up by the Greeks and Phoenicians who then spread it to the regions of Spain, France, and Italy. When the Roman empire expanded, so did their culture of grape cultivation. By the Middle Ages, the world recognized Catholic monks as notable viticulturists.
Since then, the world has only fallen deeper into the art of grape cultivation. From table grapes and raisins to fine wine, grapes have become vital to several cultures, forming an important part of the economy.
How are Grapes Used in Skincare?
Grapes have also found their way into the cosmetic industry. Studies have shown that grapes have anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties.
Vitis Vinifera Fruit Cell Extract is also known as Grape Stem Cell Extract. These stem cells are extracted from a portion of the grape called meristems, via the process of microreproduction. Unlike the more popular Grape Seed Extract, Grape Stem Cell Extract is harvested and handled in a laboratory environment. This gives Grape Stem Cell Extract the following advantages:
- Flexibility. Because they are handled in a controlled environment, Grape Stem Cells Extracts can be altered and adjusted to address specific skin needs.
- Year-round freshness. Seasons greatly impact plants when grown outside. However, in a lab setting, Grape Stem Cell Extract can be produced year-round, ensuring your skincare gets freshly harvested ingredients.
- Sterilization. The outdoors are difficult to control, unlike laboratory environments that can be kept clean and controlled.
When stem cells are extracted, they are infused into skincare to improve skin health and target specific concerns. As the skin is the largest human organ and our layer of protection, stem cells come in to aid with skin homeostasis and tissue repair.
Why Formulate Creams from Grapes?
With so many fruit-derived skincare ingredients already in the market, one might wonder what makes Grape Stem Cell Extract worth extracting. The answer is simple: Grape Stem Cell Extract is a hardworking, multitasking ingredient that can elevate any skincare routine. Here’s how:
One of the benefits of using skincare creams from grapes is their ability to combat photoaging. UV exposure can cause up to 80% of visible signs of aging, but since avoiding sun exposure is inevitable, Grape Stem Cell Extract can help in laying down the preventive groundwork.
Another benefit offered by grapes is their ability to calm inflammation and improve skin elasticity. By maintaining a plump, irritation-free complexion, the skin is able to give off a more youthful glow.
Grape Stem Cell Extract, like other plant-derived stem cells, can also penetrate the skin at a cellular level. Despite reaching a much deeper level than regular skincare ingredients, plant stem cells do not carry the risk of transmitting human or animal disesases.
Grape Stem Cell Extract also has the unique ability to pattern itself after human cells. Akin to hitting copy and paste on your skin, Grape Stem Cell Extract is able to mimic what our natural cells do. This allows these grape-derived stem cells to aid in regenerating cells and healing wounds.
Lastly, Grape Stem Cell Extract is abundantly fueled by antioxidants.
Antioxidant-rich ingredients are sought-after in the beauty world because of the multiple benefits they bring to the table. By shielding the skin from sun damage and environmental factors, they stop the production of free radicals, and as a result, prevent signs of aging from showing through. Furthermore, antioxidants in grapes are 20 times more effective than Vitamin C, and up to 50 times more powerful than Vitamin E.
Introstem: Cultivating Creams from Grapes & More
At Introstem, Grape Stem Cell Extract is not just another beauty trend. Vitis Vinifera Fruit Cell Extract is the brand’s signature ingredient, found across all formulations and used to treat a variety of skin concerns.
In addition to Grape Stem Cells, Introstem uses a handful of other ingredients to further enrich our roster of products. Carefully selected, these ingredients draw out the best of the benefits Grape Stem Cells have to offer.
First up are Peptides. Essential for building resilient and healthy skin, Peptides are abundant in amino acids that help form skin proteins. Several studies have explored the various benefits that Peptides add to skincare:
- When applied directly onto the skin, Peptides signal the body to increase its production of collagen. This delivers anti-aging benefits such as a noticeable reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
- By firming and tightening the skin, Peptides prevent looseness and sagging that can give off a tired appearance.
- Peptides fight off inflammation, redness, and irritation.
Green Tea Extract
Another ingredient found in Introstem products is Green Tea Extract.
Green Tea is a staple in Asian cultures because of its ability to combat inflammation. It can also soothe and calm the skin, which has earned it an audience among those with oily and acne-prone skin types. Additionally, Green Tea Extract is rich in antioxidants, joining Grape Stem Cell Extract in defending the skin against external sources of stress.
Introstem products also harness the properties of Chitosan in their formulations. Far less common than Green Tea and Peptides, Chitosan is an ingredient that arguably deserves more attention in the realm of skincare.
Chitosan has interesting origins — specifically, it is extracted from the shells of shrimps, crabs, and lobsters, as well as the cell walls of various fungi. While deriving beauty ingredients from these creatures may seem uncanny, Chitosan promises a host of skincare benefits:
- Keeps bacteria at bay. A 2013 study published in Cosmetics and Toiletries noted that Chitosan nanoparticles showcased antimicrobial properties, as well as skin regeneration abilities.
- Soothes the skin.
- Delivers moisture to the inner layers of the skin.
Together with Vitis Vinifera Fruit Cell Extract, these ingredients form the foundations of Introstem’s nourishing skincare products.
Should You Use Grape-Infused Skincare?
Now that you are well aware of what creams from grapes can do for your skin, one question remains: should you include Introstem’s Grape Stem Cell-infused skincare in your regimen?
Grape Stem Cell Extracts make a great match for any skin type. The ingredient is gentle yet effective, posing little to no potential for skin irritation.
However, based on years of studies and scientific reports, creams from grapes are especially effective at repairing damaged or aging skin. These products can double down on signs of aging and compromised skin health, such as:
- Itchiness and inflammation
- Fine lines
- Sagging or crepe-like texture
If you face these skin concerns, it may be high time to incorporate creams from grapes into your daily skincare routine.
How to Include Creams from Grapes in Your Skincare Routine
Introstem’s roster of products is diverse, featuring everything from cleansers to serums to moisturizers. Among their various products are several best-selling creams from grapes.
Discover some of Introstem’s grape-infused skin and body creams below:
Hydrolift Face and Neck Cream
Hydrolift is one of Introstem’s most famous collections, and the Face and Neck Cream from the line also happens to be one of the brand’s bestsellers. Formulated to hit undo on visible signs of aging, the Hydrolift Face and Neck Cream facilitates deep hydration on the inside and a smoother, tighter look on the outside.
In addition to the Grape Stem Cell Extract in its formulation, the Hydrolift Face and Neck Cream also relies on the beneficial properties of these ingredients:
- Retinyl Palmitate. A gentle form of Vitamin A, Retinyl Palmitate can deliver the skin-smoothing, wrinkle-busting benefits of Retinol, without the heightened sensitivity.
- Collagen. By now, we’re aware that increased Collagen production can result in healthier skin. However, topically applying Collagen won’t make your body produce more of it. Instead, applying Collagen onto the skin can deliver deep, long-lasting moisture.
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil or Sweet Almond Oil, a skin-repairing hydrator that is commonly used to temporarily soothe irritation and fade stretch marks.
To use Introstem’s Hydrolift Face and Neck Cream, evenly apply a generous amount of product to the face, neck, and decolletage daily.
Stem Cell Day Moisturizer
The Stem Cell Day Moisturizer is a favorite among Introstem customers for its lightweight texture. Formulated to be worn in the daytime under SPF and makeup, this product layers gracefully and never weighs too heavily on the skin. Instead, it leaves a smoother, plumper look in its wake, with the help of the following ingredients:
- Shea Butter is an all-around skin-soother favored by those with dry skin types. With potent moisturizing benefits, Shea Butter can smooth and soften flaky and rough skin. that can smooth, soften, and hydrate the skin. Safflower Seed Oil fights off inflammation while moisturizing the skin.
- Cetearyl Alcohol, which is not like run-of-the-mill, simple alcohol. Cetearyl Alcohol is safe and even beneficial for the skin, working in skincare products to thicken formulas and stabilize other ingredients. It also contributes to smoothening the skin.
Add the Stem Cell Day Moisturizer to your daily skincare routine as a final step. To use, gently massage the product onto clean skin after toners and serums, and before sun protection.
Stem Cell Rejuvenating Eye Cream
The eye area is often where you’ll find telltale signs of aging like creasing, fine lines, and crow’s feet. The Stem Cell Rejuvenating Eye Cream, Introstem’s potent eye creams from grapes, breathes new life into tired, weary-looking eyes with a blend of superstar ingredients:
- Cera Alba, otherwise known as Beeswax. As a humectant, beeswax is able to attract water to the skin. At the same time, it also forms a protective layer to prevent water loss.
- Caffeine, which can reinvigorate the skin in the same way your morning coffee refuels you. By reducing wrinkles, brightening the skin, and getting rid of inflammation, Caffeine leaves the skin looking younger and more refreshed.
- Allantoin, a multitasking ingredient that soothes, moisturizes, exfoliates, and boosts skin healing.
Revive your eye area with Introstem’s Stem Cell Rejuvenating Eye Cream. To use, take a small amount of product and carefully pat it into the eye area twice daily.
Stem Cell Hand & Body Cream
With entire skincare routines mapped out for our faces, it can be easy to forget about our hands and body. The body needs its fair share of nourishment too, and Introstem’s Stem Cell Hand & Body Cream was formulated specifically for the task.
Thick and non-greasy, this all-around cream from grapes harnesses the benefits of Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, and Goat Milk for long-lasting softness. Apply generously on the body or dry areas as needed.
With their multiple uses and benefits, it’s no wonder that the beauty industry has begun formulating skincare creams from grapes. Get anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and protective benefits all in one with Introstem’s roster of grape-infused products.
Explore the rest of Introstem’s product lines, including cleansers, serums, and masks infused with Grape Stem Cell Extract, here.